Dr. Dayang has proceeded the topic about wireless technology but unfortunately I couldn't come to class :(
Nevertheless, here is my entry to wrap up about the wireless technology. Well, I did some revision on my own about this topic.
- Wireless telecommunications networks are a type of information transmission system that uses electromagnetic waves.
|The Bluetooth logo|
- Bluetooth is an industrial specification for wireless personal area network or PANs.
- Bluetooth is acceptable for situations when two or more devices are in proximity to each other and don't require high bandwidth
- The distance covered only a very short range which is less than 10 meters.
- Devices involved : mobile phones, laptops, PCs, printers, digitial cameras and video game consoles.
|The devices that use Bluetooth can be connected to the laptop as well.|
INFRARED DATA TRANSMISSION
|The IrDA logo.|
- IrDA (Infrared Data Association) is a technology where we can transfer any files from any devices by using infrared light, the one that is non RF.
- The characteristic of infrared transmissions are:
- The power to transfer data is not so high.
- Only can transfer in a short range, for example the remote control.
- Mainly attached to mobile phones to transfer the data or files from one to another.
- Nevertheless, many laptops sold today are equipped with an IrDA-compatible transceiver that enables communication with other devices, such as printers, modems, LANs, or other laptops.
- However, the limit of transfer speed ranges from 2400 bps to 4 Mbps.
- Requires line of sight transmission.
|The various devices that can transfer files and data by using infrared communication.|
- It refers to a telecommunications signal or device of greater bandwidth with greater the information-carrying capacity.
- Today, broadband is widely use to enable the internet access to laptop and mobile devices.
- The device that is simply used is the broadband stick with different service providers.
|The different service providers in Malaysia.|
- Mobile broadband allows for mobility so that the user can get internet access where ever there are. However, it depends on the service provider's coverage as well.
- Fixed broadband are mainly used for home or business and more stable because it uses cable and usually runs on fibre.